Get competent, confident and learn to freedive on Stradbroke Island
The course will give you the freediving skills and knowledge to safely spearfish.
Safe | Fun | No-ego
10 students – 3 Instructors
Included in this course
- Transfers on North Stradbroke Island
- All food
- Padi Online Learning (complete prior to course)
- Padi Freediver Certification
- Equipment (but hire can be arranged)
- Ferry or barge transport
If you already have some basic spearfishing competence, you will learn the freediving side of this including safety, physiology, better technique and rescues to take your spearing to the next level!
Basic Course Outline
- Arrive arvo/early evening on North Stradbroke Island at Dunwich
- Transfer to accommodation and settle in
- Padi Freediver Theory
- Complete Padi Freediver Enclosed Water Activities
- Breathing Workshop
- Start Padi Freediver Open Water Activities
- Complete remaining Padi Freediver Requirements
- Transfer back to Dunwich for ferry back to Cleveland (Brisbane)
- What happens if the weather or water visibility is not diveable?
Most of the course can still be completed and you will be able to come back and finish anything on a later course.
- What if I need to cancel my course last minute?
We require 7 days notice otherwise you may lose your deposit. Often we can find another person to take the spot and you can do a later course. Full refunds are available provided we have notice.
- What are the Padi Freediver Requirements?