Get competent, confident and have fun spearfishing over a long weekend on Straddie
Over 3 days we will help you to develop the skills, techniques and knowledge to be able to hunt, shoot, dispatch, prepare and cook your own fish with confidence.
Safe | Fun | No-ego
8 students – 2 Instructors
Included in this course
- Transfers on North Stradbroke Island
- All food
- Padi Online Learning (complete prior to course)
- Padi Freediver Certification
- Equipment (but hire can be arranged)
- Ferry or barge transport
If you already have some basic competence, you will learn even more and take your spearing to the level.
Basic Course Outline
- Arrive arvo/early evening on North Stradbroke Island at Dunwich
- Transfer to accommodation and settle in
- Padi Freediver Theory
- Complete Padi Freediver Enclosed Water Activities
- Breathing Workshop
- Start Padi Freediver Open Water Activities
- Introduction to Spearguns
- Speargun & Equipment Workshop
- Species ID & Hunting Techniques Workshop
- Complete remaining Padi Freediver Requirements
- Speargun Target Practice
- Guided spearfishing in buddy pairs
- Catch and Cook Activity (smoking fish, sashimi, 99 Spearo Recipes)
- Breakfast and Debrief
- Clean-up and transfers to the ferry mid-morning
- What happens if the weather or water visibility is not diveable?
Most of the course can still be completed and you will be able to come back and finish anything on a later course.
- What if I need to cancel my course last minute?
We require 7 days notice otherwise you may lose your deposit. Often we can find another person to take the spot and you can do a later course. Full refunds are available provided we have notice.
- What are the Padi Freediver Requirements?